Statements of Belief
AATE's Statements of Belief
» We respect the enduring values and traditions of Australia’s cultural heritage.
» We believe students come to understand themselves and their world through engagement with a range of cultures and the ways these cultures represent human experience.
» We value the power of the imagination and literary expression to provide pleasure and enrich life.
» We are committed to developing powerfully literate citizens who are able to effectively participate and realise their goals and aspirations in the twenty first century.
» We use research and evidence to inform practice and improve the learning of students.
» We are committed to ongoing professional learning especially through active participation in a range of professional communities.
Download a pdf poster of the Statements of Belief, or call the AATE office on 1800 248 379 for a free poster or postcard-sized magnet (limited numbers available).
Download the full text of AATE's Statements of Belief, along with responses to the Statements, below:
- AATE Full Text of Statements of Belief (93.6 kB)
- AATE Statement of Belief on Cultural Heritage response by David Homer (131.7 kB)
- AATE Statement of Belief on Literate Citizen response by Wayne Sawyer (43.4 kB)
- AATE Statement of Belief on Power of Imagination response by Wendy Morgan (48.6 kB)
- AATE Statement of Belief on Professional Learning response by Terry Hayes (77.1 kB)
- AATE Statement of Belief on Research response by Marion Meiers (52.3 kB)
- AATE Statement of Belief on Self Understanding response by Ann McGuire (78.1 kB)
- AATE Statements of Belief Poster (52.4 kB)
- AATE Statements of Belief response by Terry Hayes (77.1 kB)